Bennett Safety's SCBA awareness training complies with Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act and CSA Standards. This training will consist of an in-class theory and practical evaluation of the user at your facility demonstrating your equipment in the industrial sector to ensure familiarization of your equipment.
- Review OHSA and CSA standards
- Review the responsibilities within maintaining a Respiratory Protection Program
- Understand when SCBA are to be used and why Selection of the appropriate equipment or device for the hazard(s) present in the atmosphere, while understanding the limitations of the device
- Identify the components and safety devices of the equipment
- Exhibit the ability to inspect, clean and maintain the device
- Learn the Emergency Procedures required upon failure of the device
- Demonstrate appropriate donning and doffing procedures
- Formal written evaluation(minimum of 80% must be achieved to pass)
- Demonstrate the ability to pre-operation inspection clean and maintain the device
- Donning Breathing Apparatus
- Doffing Breathing ApparatusDemonstrate cleaning, maintenance and storage of the device
Record of training with a certificate and wallet card will be provided at competition of training.
Legislative Reference All Bennett Safety programs have been developed in accordance with the requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Association (OHSA) and the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
For more information & pricing: