Overhead Crane & Basic Rigging Training
Overhead Crane Training with Bennett Safety will cover a variety of industrial types of cranes including bridge, jib and gantry cranes. We will customize a site-specific program that meets the needs of each workplace. A consultant will educate clients on types of overhead cranes, pre-operation inspection, basic rigging practices, safe work procedures and steps to avoid hazards.
- Review OHSA and CSA standards
- Review pre-task panning and pedestrian traffic plan management
- Review operator’s job site responsibilities & operator’s manual
- Machine orientation and controls
- Basic rigging practices
- Pre-operation inspection (daily circle check)
- Safe operation
- Formal written evaluation (minimum of 80% must be achieved to pass)
- Pre-operation Inspection (circle check)
- Workplace safety inspection
- Demonstrate basic rigging practices
- Practical skills evaluation
- Recognizing onsite hazards during operation
- Safe handling of loads
- Parking and shut down procedures
- Proficiency demonstrations
Record of training with a certificate and wallet card will be provided at competition of training.
All Bennett Safety programs have been developed in accordance with the requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Association (OHSA) and the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
For more information & pricing: